STG is a full service political, digital, and public affairs consulting firm. Our team of experienced professionals has waged and won dozens of high-profile, high stakes campaigns for candidates, coalitions and causes – and we do the same thing for our clients. We are good people doing good things and we are looking for a few stellar, passionate individuals to join our team.
How You’ll Make an Impact
● You will become a key staffer on one or more of STG’s campaign teams
● You will create content that tells a story across media channels: online, in print, and everywhere in between
● You will help client teams devise and execute communications campaigns that deliver real world results.
What Makes You a Great Fit
● You are a college student, a recent graduate, or somebody looking to get hands-on experience in the exciting world of public affairs, political communication, or digital strategy.
● You want a fast-paced work environment where you’ll continually be challenged and grow your skill sets.
● You have exceptional written and oral communication skills.
● You’re passionate about progressive causes including (but not limited to) energy and the environment, public lands, social justice, and health care.
● You have an eye for engaging content, whether that’s a sharply-worded opinion piece or a captivating graphic on Instagram.
● You have a knack for digital, whether it be an interest in Facebook ad metrics or a witty, influential Twitter page.
● You have a good sense of humor.
● You want to change the world and think communications plays a role in that ambition.
● You are kind, friendly, and don’t take yourself too seriously.
If most of these apply to you, we want to hear from you! In your cover letter, tell us why you’d be a great fit.
Benefits and Perks
● A fantastic office right by Farragut Square — convenient for the red, orange, and blue lines
● $50 stipend to help cover your transportation
● Snacks on snacks on snacks
● Monthly social events, like happy hours or brown bag lunches
● Free Treat Friday
● Flexible but consistent hours — we can work with your schedule to identify which hours make the most sense between 9am and 6pm, Monday through Friday
● 15-30 hours a week
● Hourly Pay: $15.00
● Internship starts January 14th, 2019, with some flexibility on an end date.
We will be accepting applicants for this position until October 17th. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about what life is like at STG, check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
STG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability or genetic information.